How To Make A Purse Step By Step
Making a purse is similar to making a handbag, with a few differences in the size and shape of the finished product. To make a purse, you will need the following materials:
- Material for the exterior of the purse, such as leather or canvas
- Fabric for the lining of the purse, such as cotton or satin
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
- Measuring tape
- Iron and ironing board (optional)
Here are the steps for making a purse:
- Measure and cut out two pieces of material for the exterior of the purse, using the desired dimensions for the height, width, and depth of the purse. Cut out two pieces of fabric for the lining of the purse, using the same dimensions.
- Place the two pieces of exterior material right sides together, and sew along the sides and bottom of the purse, using a sewing machine and matching thread. Repeat with the two pieces of lining fabric.
- Turn the exterior of the purse right side out, and press it with an iron to remove any wrinkles. Repeat with the lining of the purse.
- Place the lining inside the exterior of the purse, so that the right sides of the fabric are touching. Match up the side and bottom seams, and pin the layers together.
- Sew around the top edge of the purse, leaving a small opening for turning the purse right side out.
- Turn the purse right side out through the opening, and press it with an iron to remove any wrinkles.
- Sew the opening closed, using a ladder stitch or another type of invisible seam.
- Add any desired embellishments to the purse, such as a zipper, handles, pockets, or decorative stitching.
- Your purse is now complete! Enjoy using it or give it as a gift.